On 10/07/2020 15.01, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
On 10. Jul 2020, at 16:17, Matthew Woehlke <mwoehlke.fl...@gmail.com> wrote:

My use case isn't the only one that has issues with this sort of
thing; routers can "see" more traffic lights than actually exist
and can (so I hear, anyway) give directions that are potentially
confusing.

this is a different issue though, it depends how the traffic lights
are mapped (the way the junction is represented does have influence
how the traffic lights are mapped, but neither way leads necessarily
to a wrong number of traffic lights).

I have to strongly disagree. Consider an intersection of dual carriageways (so, four intersection nodes) where signals are tagged on the intersection nodes. Please explain how a tool is supposed to determine whether a vehicle passing "straight through" the intersection will encounter one or two signals.

Now take that same intersection and plop it into a dense urban area where there really *are* four separate intersections and explain how the same tool is supposed to know when that's the case.

--
Matthew