On Tue, 14 Jul 2020 at 23:44, Matthew Woehlke <mwoehlke.fl...@gmail.com>
wrote:

The multipolygon is just ammenity=parking, but the sub-objects are
> tagged with more information (capacity, in particular). Again, is that
> sane, or do I need to do this differently?

Doesn't look sane at present.  You have combined one public parking area
with two private ones.  If they're all private, for use by the restaurant,
mark
them all as private.

Even so, is a multipolygon giving any information that couldn't be had
by separate parking areas with the appropriate operator tag?

(BTW, is there any accepted way to tag a 'carry-out only' space?)

If you're talking about one (or both) of those parking areas by the
restaurant, then it is (or they are) not really a parking area.  I'd
probably make it a closed way with highway=service + area=yes
and then risk the wrath of purists by naming it "Pick-up Zone".
SImilar to https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/782244418
There are probably many reasons people will object to that,
but it got the job done.

--
Paul