> On Jul 22, 2020, at 10:24 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> Am Mi., 22. Juli 2020 um 17:27 Uhr schrieb Tod Fitch <t...@fitchfamily.org
> <mailto:t...@fitchfamily.org>>:
> It certainly would not be my pick of terms, but it seems manhole=drain has an
> appropriate definition in the wiki [1] and considerable use [2] for a place
> that water disappears into a man made structure. Most of them around here are
> not circular and many appear to be too small for a person to get into when
> the grate is removed. But OSM has odd tagging for other things so why not
> this too?
>

> I would rather try to limit the "odd cases", and maybe even get rid of them
> in the long term. There is no benefit from using inappropriate terms. If
> manhole=* is generally considered to be about manholes, why would we want to
> encourage more usage for non-manhole objects?
>
> IMHO we should fix the definition in the wiki by making it more precise, as
> there aren't so many yet.

Looking at wikipedia, it seems that “storm drain” is used in the UK, Canada and
the US [1]. And there is an “inlet” [2] associated with it. What are the
opinions using:

storm_drain = inlet

For the location that a surface drainage ditch disappears into an underground
storm water system. The tag would most often be used on a node.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storm_drain
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storm_drain#Inlet