On Wed, 26 Aug 2020 at 14:52, Thibault Molleman <thibaultmolle...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Does it being on osm have enough justification for them to keep it though?
> "it's not a wikimedia project, so it doesn't matter to us if it's linked
> on osm or not"

They make use of OSM data to create their own maps, so there is reason to
hope they might view us more favourably.

Their rules for deletion basically amount to there being some interest in
the image, or that it serves some useful purpose.  Often a clear description
is all it takes to avoid deletion - a picture of a house without
description may
be deleted as there are many houses, but a picture of a house with a
description that identifies it (even if it's a boring house with no
special merit) that may be enough to prevent deletion.

I think it's worth asking them.  Somebody would then have to write a bot
that integrates with wikimedia (maybe putting images into a "Used on
OSM" category).  Would they see it as being worth the effort?  We won't
know unless we ask.

--
Paul