On Wed, 30 Sep 2020 at 09:58, stevea <stevea...@softworkers.com> wrote:

I saw someone say “six to seven years” (as what might pass for “recovery”
> to a large degree) to have “taken root” and after living most of my life
> here, that sounds about right.

It was I who said that.  I don't have your personal experience, but in a
"seven degrees of Kevin Bacon" kind of way I have come to know a
group of people on Facebook who avidly hike in the affected areas.  When
discussing the fires and their possible aftermath they compare them to past
fires and mention six to seven years for past recoveries.

BTW, ordinary polygons won't do for this.  You'll need a multipolygon
to exclude the Mount Wilson observatory and some campgrounds that
were saved from the fires burning all around them. :)

--
Paul