Am 15.10.2020 um 22:18 schrieb Emvee via Tagging:
This recent wiki change by Emvee
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Emvee> is in my view not
helpful, or even misleading, as it does discourage a wide-spread
tagging practice (if we like this or not is a different question, but
it's established tagging, and the wiki is supposed to describe the
establsihed methods of tagging)

The change describes what a router does with bicycle=no on a node, see https://github.com/abrensch/brouter/issues/265

Already discussed elsewhere but having routers ignore bicycle=no in
combination with highway=crossing means that it is more or less
useless as routers are they main data consumers while at the same time
crossing data is far from being complete.

My take is that it is not a wide-spread tagging practice and it does
not add new information as weather it is a pedestrian issue can be
deduced from the connecting ways.

We still have the valid mapping practice, that sideways are mapped with
tags at the highway=<street> with no seperately mapped ways.
Therefor we still have highway=crossing nodes _without_ a crossing way.
Some of these still have no bicycle crossing allowed.

How can/should a mapper map this 'new' information now?

http://www.avg.com