Oct 15, 2020, 22:18 by tagging@openstreetmap.org:

>> This      recent wiki change by >> Emvee
>> <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Emvee>>>  is in my view not
>> helpful, or      even misleading, as it does discourage a wide-spread
>> tagging      practice (if we like this or not is a different question, but
>> it's      established tagging, and the wiki is supposed to describe the
>> establsihed methods of tagging)
>>

> The change describes what a router does with bicycle=no on a      node, see >
> https://github.com/abrensch/brouter/issues/265

No, you changed documented meaning of tagging scheme in
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Tag%3Ahighway%3Dcrossing&type=revision&diff=2043653&oldid=2025128

OSM Wiki is not describing only tagging that is supported.

Note that it is fine to describe tagging as problematic, unsupported and having
a better alternative.

> Already discussed elsewhere but having routers ignore bicycle=no      in
> combination with highway=crossing means that it is more or less      useless
> as routers are they main data consumers while at the same      time crossing
> data is far from being complete.

Any tagging scheme is for some period unsupported, this does not make it
useless.

And any widely used tagging scheme can be described. As obvious from this
discussion meaning
of this bicycle=no is clear so I will revert your edits on this page

> My take is that it is not a wide-spread tagging practice and it      does not
> add new information as weather it is a pedestrian issue      can be deduced
> from the connecting ways.

Not in cases where
(1) highway=cycleway is crossing road where cyclists are obligated to dismount
(2) highway=footway with bicycle=yes/designated is crossing road where cyclists
are obligated to dismount
(3)pedestrian only crossing is tagged on road having cycleway on both sides
(tagged as cycleway:lef/cycleway:right/cycleway:both)
(or where such road has cycleway at one side, is joined by separately mapped
cycleway from other side and there is crossing there, but
cyclists must dismount)