> Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <tagging@openstreetmap.org> hat am 22.11.2020
> 20:49 geschrieben:
>
> > https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2018-March/035347.html
> Yes, long time ago there was a problematic idea that was abandoned.

Exactly.  It also shows how we in OSM traditionally make decisions about
tagging.  An idea to change tagging practice was suggested - on an open channel
for everyone to read and comment on without hurdles and with an archive that
allows us now to read up on things years later.  It was discussed and arguments
and reasoning were provided both for and against the idea and based on that we
reached consensus that it was a bad idea and it was abandoned.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/