On 22/11/2020 22:27, Christoph Hormann wrote:
Exactly. It also shows how we in OSM traditionally make decisions about tagging. An idea to change tagging practice was suggested - on an open channel for everyone to read and comment on without hurdles and with an archive that allows us now to read up on things years later. It was discussed and arguments and reasoning were provided both for and against the idea and based on that we reached consensus that it was a bad idea and it was abandoned.

Yes, but the demand was still made & the solution of writing competent code to enable the proposal was never implemented, so your point is?

DaveF