On 20/12/2020 08.54, ipswichmapper--- via Tagging wrote:
- What should be considered a crossing? If it is unmarked, is it a crossing at all? (Should all intersections be tagged as "unmarked crossings"? Are places with traffic islands (no kerbs) where people frequently cross considered as crossings even though they have no marking & no kerbs?)

FWIW, I would say a crossing is somewhere there is a clear expectation that people will cross the road. For example, where a sidewalk connects to the curb on either side of the road but there are no markings on the pavement would be an unmarked crossing. I've seen these in both aerial imagery and in person.

To respond to Paul's point, I would tend to think of "marking" as referring to markings *on the road pavement*, not just on the sidewalk.

--
Matthew