On Mon, 21 Dec 2020 at 18:13, Brian M. Sperlongano <zelonew...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> "Occasionally a river or stream will form a stream pool or plunge pool,
> which are bodies of water that naturally occur along the course of the
> waterway. These waterbodies may either be tagged as a lake or (usually)
> pond if they are named or significant in size, or else they can be simply
> conflated with the river."

I think you need to expand a little on how to "conflate" a pool with a
river.  The
disadvantage of doing so is that the pool then cannot have a name assigned.

Also, there are tidal pools (which may be outside the scope of the
proposal).

Is this distinction satisfactory?  How are folks tagging these features?

I've been tagging them as ponds, for lack of anything better.  Well,
until a few days ago I didn't realize the distinction between ponds
and pools so I was tagging them as ponds because I didn't know
they weren't ponds but pools.  If I'd had to map bigger ones
I'd have tagged them as lakes.

--
Paul