Hello,

Le 15.09.22 à 00:27, martianfreeloader a écrit :
don't want to die

On the basis of which criteria will you set the limit?

for some people, put your shoe on a rock or touch it
seems the limit and you seem to be saying that it is
no longer a highway=path for you in these cases
all sac_scale > demanding_mountain_hiking [1] should
therefore have a tag other than highway=path

for others going close to the void is a danger,
so sac_scale=mountain_hiking should also have a value other
than highway=path

for others, the impossibility of walking with a child's
stroller makes it no longer a path
so what, do we have to change all the highway=paths to make sure
osmand doesn't suggest they take a path that doesn't suit them ?
or is a path that requires you to touch a rock with your hands
still a highway=path ?

it might make sense to rework what constitutes climbing.
but last month I was walking with a 4 year old on a path
that required the use of hands (the flat path was 1m with
bits of rock and a rope to help climb on).
The proposal is that it is no longer a highway=path
but highway=scramble
it was no problem for a 4 year old child.
for me the proposed criterion is not good

[1] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key%3Asac_scale

Regards,
Marc