On Sep 21, 2022, at 10:23 AM, Adam Franco <adamfra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> For anyone who isn't follow all 3 threads, this topic is being discussed in:
>
> * OSM Community: RFC: Highway=Mountaineering
> * OSM Community: RfC: Highway=Scramble
> * [Tagging]: Feature Proposal - RFC - highway=scramble
>
> While the thrust of each discussion is similar, there are a few interesting
> ideas that have popped up in one versus another and slightly different key
> suggestions have been discussed (`highway=mountaineering`,
> `highway=scramble`, `highway=demanding_path`, etc).

Thanks for "bridging" here, Adam.  I've been following this fascinating thread
here (on tagging) and indeed it has a lot going for it:  wide input,
interesting, "hey, yeah, I didn't think of that aspect..." (which is good!)
types of new information, obvious deep knowledge of the topic by many who post
here, and more.

I don't really have a horse in this race, as while I'm an avid hiker, it's
usually me, my boots and little else — no "technical" hiking of the more
difficult kind —I have little to offer as new information or suggestions.  But
as an active mapper, tagger and poster on this list, I offer two thumbs up to
this excellent thread.