On Sat, 8 Oct 2022 at 16:04, Warin <61sundow...@gmail.com> wrote:

> As for the pipe ... does it have a tap, or does it flow constantly? Bore
> water? Spring water?

Sorry, forgot about this one.

One camping ground that I'm thinking of, that we visit frequently, water is
pumped from the creek to a big water tank, where it is triple-filtered.
It's then pumped down to a smaller tank, which is also topped up by
filtered rainwater. You then use a normal turn handle tap to fill water
jerries etc (The tap is only ~300mm from the ground so it would be very
difficult to physically drink from it!) Signs on the tank, & the parks info
brochures / website, all say "We recommend you boil this water before
drinking", but as you say, probably just a CYA exercise?

I've seen similar signs on taps in public parks, once again, probably
Council CYA.

Thanks

Graeme