On 22/10/2022 11:44, Anne-Karoline Distel wrote:
Following the rejection of the crannog proposal with the concern about
the hierarchy above the proposed tag, I now propose to change the key
from site_type to archaeological_type for reasons laid out under
"Rationale":

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Key:archaeological_site

Hello,

That page says "This would apply to c. 113 000 features".  For the avoidance of doubt, are you suggesting (after the acceptance of this proposal) that people would "just start using the new values", or are you planning a series of edits following https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Automated_Edits_code_of_conduct , or do you believe that acceptance of https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Key:archaeological_site implies acceptance of a change to OSM data as well?

The reason that I'm asking is as can be seen from https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/site_type#projects I'm currently using that tag to control display of features (actual example code at https://github.com/SomeoneElseOSM/SomeoneElse-style/blob/master/style.lua#L5622 for info) and it'd be good to know when I need to change that to say something else.

Best Regards,

Andy