On 11/6/2022 6:18 PM, Graeme Fitzpatrick wrote:

I definitely agree that it should be emergency=, rather than amenity=. I must also admit to a slight personal preference for =marine_rescue :-), but the vast majority of usage is in the UK & Western Europe, where =lifeboat seems to be the most popular, so I'm happy to go along with that.

I'll see if there's any other comments before starting a full RFC

"Lifeboat" is an ambiguous term  -- it even has a disambiguation page on Wikipedia  which lists https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lifeboat_(shipboard) ahead of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lifeboat_(rescue) .

Favoring emergency=marine_rescue seems sensible to me.