I disagree with classing if all “street vendors” and one feature.

This proposal seems to assume conditions in contemporary Europe, where
shops are usually located in permanent buildings due to climate conditions.

In many subtropical and tropical regions the air temperature is never cold,
so a fully enclosed permanent building with walls and heating is not very
necessary.

In this case many “street vendors” will have a tent and some storage which
stays at a certain place, but is closed up at night. In that regards it is
similar to a shop which is closed up with a metal gate at night, making it
poorly visible except during opening hours.

But consider shop=kiosk - in North America these are often small stands on
a sidewalk of pedestrian street or mall, with one person wgo sells
newspapers, snacks etc to pedestrians, functioning quite like a common kind
of street vendor, except that they are in a tiny shed. Is it really better
to have a totally different way of tagging a similar business which instead
uses a mobile push-cart or a tricycle instead?

In Southeast Asia, many of the businesses that Westerners might call street
vendors sell newly cooked food, thus they are more like amenity=fast_food -
and often an enclosed eatery will have only the kitchen indoors, with
customers eating outside under a canopy.

Even here in Oregon, in the United States, we have small restaurants which
are ambiguous under this proposal: they are “food carts” because they are
small kitchens in trailers with wheels, which can be moved by attaching
them to a truck. But usually they are semi-permanently installed on rented
private land, with the landowner providing hook-ups for electricity and
water, and usually covered seating with a canopy and picnic tables. So
while they look similar to at more mobile “food truck” (which has its own
engine and drivers seat, and thus can be moved every day) they are more
permanent.

Rather than approving this proposal I would recommend more use of property
tags. The existing street_vendor=yes tag is probably best, but building=no
is also common (10k uses) and makes it clear that a feature is not a
building.
https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/building=no

- Joseph Eisenberg