As emergency=lifeboat_station seems like it may be the most popular option,
I have now added details to the previously virtually blank page:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:emergency%3Dlifeboat_station

All opinions / comments welcome!

So, if we proceed with this option, the opposing tags,
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dlifeboat_station,
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:emergency%3Dmarine_rescue (together
with a couple of other undocumented options) should be marked as deprecated.

Do we need a full Proposal to deprecate them, or can it just be done?

Thanks

Graeme