sent from a phone

> On 7 Jan 2023, at 21:20, Brian M. Sperlongano <zelonew...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> So it sounds like there is very little fragmentation -- more than 90% of the
> activity is in the forum site and only a small amount of activity is left on
> the mailing list.
>
> It seems like the issue is that you're mad that most French users have chosen
> to use the forum instead of talk-fr.

I have no idea about the situation in France, but there definitely is
fragmentation in OpenStreetMap channels (slack, telegram, forum, ml, irc,
facebook etc.) - it is not necessarily a problem. Clearly the quantity is not
always the interesting measurement :)
E.g. I’m on talk-de and the German forum, and while the former has much fewer
traffic nowadays, it is still a place where you can expect to generally see
relevant and important information, so if someone is interested in less
chatter, it may be the better option (missing 96% of the messages without
really missing anything)