Hi François,

Il giorno gio 12 gen 2023 alle ore 19:44 François Lacombe <
fl.infosrese...@gmail.com> ha scritto:

> Hi Volker,
>
> Le jeu. 12 janv. 2023 à 12:02, Volker Schmidt <vosc...@gmail.com> a
> écrit :
>
>> The present vs future tagging table is flawed.
>> The landuse column shows values that are rarely used. Industrial=water
>> (500 uses) in practice is tagged as man_made=water_works (30k+ uses).
>> "sewerage" land use exists and is in practice tagged as
>> man_made=wastewater_plant (75k uses).
>>

> man_made=water_works isn't relative to the activity for which the land is
> used.
> It is a feature combined with its perimeter.
>
> As mentioned during RFC, we miss a scope to allow mappers to state "it's
> water stuff" without knowing as much about what is going on exactly there.
> man_made=water_works isn't the only possible value, there is
> man_made=pumping_station, man_made=covered_reservoir...
> utility=water is way simpler and cover them all.
>
> https://community.openstreetmap.org/t/rfc-utility-facilities/5723/6?u=infosreseaux

Drinking water and sewage are really very different stuff, and at present
already mapped differently. And I guess there are very few plants that
handle both (water recycling in the International Space Station springs to
mind, but not many others).

Generally speaking I don't like the proposals of "wiki gardening" that
>> result in mappers being confronted with lists of "deprecation" warnings
>> every time they upload changesets that regard completely unrelated features.
>> Maybe I am atypical as I often map road features of interest to cyclists,
>> and I notice a steady increase of deprecation warnings.
>>

> Isn't this tagging gardening instead of wiki gardening?

I don't care how you name this, the effect would be a massive retagging
effort

It is actually possible in editors to disable warning on untouched features
> to stop being warned this way.

Turning it off does not do the job, as some deprecation regards stuff that
I am frequently mapping, and where I am interested to correct the tagging.

Regards
Volker