Hi Volker,

Le jeu. 12 janv. 2023 à 21:27, Volker Schmidt <vosc...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> Drinking water and sewage are really very different stuff, and at present
> already mapped differently. And I guess there are very few plants that
> handle both (water recycling in the International Space Station springs to
> mind, but not many others).

I completely second that.
man_made=water_works, man_made=pumping_station and
man_made=covered_reservoir are mostly used for drinking water.
man_made=wastewater_plant would usually get utility=sewerage, yes.

No one proposed to group drinking water and sewerage under the same
utility=* value.

> Generally speaking I don't like the proposals of "wiki gardening" that
>>> result in mappers being confronted with lists of "deprecation" warnings
>>> every time they upload changesets that regard completely unrelated features.
>>> Maybe I am atypical as I often map road features of interest to
>>> cyclists, and I notice a steady increase of deprecation warnings.
>>>

>> Isn't this tagging gardening instead of wiki gardening?
>>
> I don't care how you name this, the effect would be a massive retagging
> effort

As always, retagging effort is part of necessary improvement.
I didn't thought about utility=* key when I proposed street_cabinet=* key
in 2014 sorry.

Hi Martin,

Le jeu. 12 janv. 2023 à 21:40, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com>
a écrit :

> If I got it right, utility=water is for all kind of water, unless it is
> considered sewerage? Drinking water and water from precipitation and other
> kind of water are all in the same “box”?

Currently yes
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag%3Autility%3Dwater

It is consistent with UN classification
https://unstats.un.org/unsd/publication/seriesm/seriesm_4rev4e.pdf
See section C, class 3600 which is equivalent to utility=water

We could question that, that doesn't change a lot in current voting though

Good evening to you two.

François