On Thu, 19 Jan 2023 09:15:51 +1000
Graeme Fitzpatrick <graemefi...@gmail.com> wrote:

>When I created https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:shop%3Dcaravan,
>I defined them as:
>
>"recreational vehicles such as towed caravans (a.k.a travel trailers,
>pop-tops, camper trailers, tent trailers, 5th wheelers etc); powered,
>self-propelled motorhomes (camper vans, expedition vehicles, truck
>trailers / slide-ons etc); & similar types of vehicle.
>
>For ease, on this page they are all referred to as caravans", together
>with example photos of them all.
>
>Maybe that should be copied across to
>https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:caravan?

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:caravan has another definion of
caravans than https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:caravans

Is it really necessary to two different tags for this?
What would it mean if an object was tagged with
tourism=campsite,caravans=yes,caravan=no?

If we change the meaning in Key:caravan then how will we tag that e.g,
motor homes is allowed on a highway, but camping trailers are not?

There are thousands of campsite and caravan_sites tagged with
caravans=no. If you drive in a motorhome, you would like to know if
that means that you cannot stay there.