Generalising for all roundabouts, I propose a model in which there are three
diameters:

D1) outer diameter, where the outer kerb is
D2) "guide" inner diameter, the outer diameter of the inner ring intended to
"discourage" traffic
D3) inner diameter, where the inner kerb or wall is (not traversable)

A mini-roundabout with no central obstruction will have D3=0 but may have D2>0
(possibly 1m-3m)
A normal UK roundabout will not use D2
A form of roundabout common in the Netherlands has an inner ring which is often
distinctly coloured and slightly raised, thus making it clear that traffic is
intended to avoid it and use the outer ring, while keeping it perfectly usable
by most vehicles.
Example:
https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotonde_(verkeer)#/media/Bestand:N746-Noordergraafsingel-Harbrinkhoek.jpg

These numbers can be used for simple navigation instructions as has been
mentioned. But they could also be useful for route planning for oversize
transports: can they make it around/across, given the available road width and
the geometry of the turn they want to take?

Generalising further could replace circles and their diameters with concentric
polygons to allow for odd-shaped roundabouts, but that might be a bridge too
far at the moment?