I am with Dave on this one.

The tag is clear, concise and intuitive.

It says exactly what a map user would expect to find

Changing to practice_pitch with sport=cricket loses the descriptive nature of
the current tag. It just becomes where cricket is practiced instead of where
there are nets in the real world.

When a colleague says they are going 'to nets' after work, it is clearly
understood.

Phil (trigpoint)