Hi,

What object are you proposing to tag in this way?   Maybe I am missing
something here, but if the object that you are mapping is a parking space, then
surely all you need is "width=*" and "length=*"?
I would think that you only need "parking_space:width=*" and
"parking_space:length=*" if the parking space(s) is / are part of the object
that you are tagging, perhaps a whole car park, which has its own width and
length (even if these are not tagged), but that use would require that all the
parking spaces are of uniform size.
Also, (out of curiosity), if you are measuring a disabled parking space, do you
measure only the marked space, or do you include the hatched areas around it.
If there are 2 disabled bays next to one another, does the hatched area between
them belong to one of them, or is it shared?
See image at:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kevp7co3huw6spm/Parking%20Space%20Markings.png?dl=0Source:
  Bing Maps Aerial, via OSM iD editor
Perhaps I do not fully understand your proposal?
Regards,Peter
 Peter Neale
t: 01908 309666
m: 07968 341930