On 29/1/24 06:30, Philip Barnes wrote:
The legal definition of a foot is of course  0.348 m.

"Since an international agreement in 1959, the foot is defined as equal to exactly 0.3048 metres'.

Phil (trigpoint)

NPL has a nice history on length measurement

http://resource.npl.co.uk/docs/educate_explore/posters/bg_historyoflength_poster.pdf

Even in the USA the survey foot is depreciated.

https://amerisurv.com/2023/02/09/the-deprecation-of-the-us-survey-foot/

Depreciation in the US may be 'complete', at least in government circles, in 2025...