Hi from a new jsp web app maker,
I downloaded the jakarta tags so I could build a web form and INSERT INTO
and QUERY a database.
{The JRun tags only work with textfields and I needed something that would
work with textareas.)with
I am making a program that will be used in an educational setting with a
series of forms (63 to be exact)
that will load information into a database. It will then repopulate forms if
the user wants to change the information.
Or it will query forms for writing out a report. This will all be secured
with user/ password access and need to have session management.
Would anyone recommend using the struts framework? I have never used it and
wonder how easy it is to install and use.
I am having trouble right now getting the jakarta tags to work. It can't
read the descriptor file. Do I need to install the ant software if I am
using JRun? I thought I would only have to copy the .jar file to the
WEB-INF/lib, the .tld file on the same level with WEB-INF and add the taglib
information to the web.xml file. I don't know whether it is more complicated
than that. What am I missing. The error message is the it can't find the
descriptor file.
Thanks for any response you may give,
Barb J.taglibs-user