--- "Halvorson, Loren" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

http://newsgroups.bea.com/cgi-bin/dnewsweb?cmd=article&group=weblogic.develo
> per.interest.jsp&item=4710&utag=

According to my understanding, that's overkill.  From
my conversions with some of the JSR folks, release()
seems to only be required at garbage collection time.
However, in the case of DBTags, we do indeed reset
state with release() and call it in most doEndTag()
methods.

> Is there any harm in clearing the body in the
> reset() method?  I'm not too
> familiar with the finer points of the Taglib
> specification.  I suppose I can
> just get the source for DBTags and put the hack in
> myself just to keep us
> going, but I was hoping not to have to do that.

The only harm is that it appears to be specifically
addressing a bug in WLS, rather than something
dictated by the spec.  Believe me, I use WLS 6 in
production too, so I know how frustrating WLS bugs can
be.

I think my preference would be to not add WLS-specific
workarounds.  It's pretty simple to add that code to
your local CVS copy.  If we find out that this is
something required by the spec, I'll be happy to
modify the source.  Otherwise I advise hounding your
WLS rep.  :)

=====