From: Ted Husted [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2001 4:10 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Proposal: Template Tags

Jeff Turner wrote:
> Well look at two other taglibs that come with Struts:
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/struts-bean.html
> http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/struts-logic.html
>
> They ought to be in jakarta-taglibs too ;)

Yes, they should be. We're just avoiding doinging anything about taglibs
right now, while the JSPTL shakes out.

I think we'd like to see any general-purpose tags hosted here, with
Struts just hosting those that are strongly tied to the framework (e.g.
html).

We have already moved other utilities to the commons, and deprecated our
versions for the next release. The JSPTL FUD is the only reason why we
haven't done the same with the taglibs.

-- Tel +1 716 737-3463
-- http://www.husted.com/about/struts/