Hi Tobias

It should work with the second approach...

> If I pass the the parameter in <%= %> Notation
>
> <xtags:param name="response" value="<%= response %>"/>
>
> the toString representation of the response object is taken and I get an
> error that java.lang.String does not provide a encodeURL Method:

It should not be doing the toString() conversion any more as the new release
should have Object as the type of value.

Could you send me a sample XSLT document & XML document I can use to test
out this functionality - something nice and simple will do the trick. Then I
can ensure it works with the current build.

BTW what servlet engine are you using?

James