I just downloaded the standard tag library RC1 newly posted by Shawn which
is supposed to be the same as the 1.0 release.  I noticed that the XML
parser has been changed from Xerces to Crimson, and wonder if this is what
is causing the following exception.  I am running with the also newly posted
Tomcat 4.0.4 final release, on Windows 2000, with JDK 1.3.1_03.  When I run
the included examples WAR, and go to the XML transform example, I receive
the following stack trace. Any advice on how to fix this is appreciated.
(Curiously, the version of JSTL included in Sun's jwsdp-1_0 download was
still using Xerces, so the two are not quite equivalent)  Thanks, --Loren

Apache Tomcat/4.0.4 - HTTP Status 500 - Internal Server Error
----
type Exception report
message Internal Server Error
description The server encountered an internal error (Internal Server Error)
that prevented it from fulfilling this request.
exception
javax.servlet.ServletException: SAX2 driver class
org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl not found
        at
l.java:471)
        at org.apache.jsp.Transform$jsp._jspService(Transform$jsp.java:373)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:107)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.ja
va:201)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:381)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:473)
        at
FilterChain.java:247)
        :
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)
root cause

javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: SAX2 driver class
org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl not found
        at
org.apache.taglibs.standard.tag.common.xml.TransformSupport.doStartTag(Trans
formSupport.java:166)
        at
org.apache.taglibs.standard.tag.el.xml.TransformTag.doStartTag(TransformTag.
java:104)
        at org.apache.jsp.Transform$jsp._jspService(Transform$jsp.java:145)