> > i think the loss of using interfaces is a big disadvantage. on the
> > serverside it will not be clear, why i have a class User with getter
> > and setter and a User2 with just setter.
>
> One of the prices we pay for more convenience for page authors is the loss
> of some distinctions like this.  With scriptlets and <jsp:useBean>, the
> types of variables are kept track of.  When you store objects in a Map, or
> in typeless containers like those that hold scoped variables, the
> reference you might have used at one point in your code is
> irrelevant.
>
> We've tossed around the idea of having a <jsp:declare> tag to keep track
> of the types of variables.  But that wouldn't provide any meaningful
> safety *from* the page author, if that's what you're looking for.

thanks!

if you speak from "we" i suppose you are part of the development team?
furthermore
i think that even in further releases my desired feature will not be part of
EL, right:-)

i have read that the jstl developer want to have EL be part of the
jsp-container in the future.
i think that at least at this point a lot of developer will asking for a
support of using interfaces.

is it possible to request features? where do i have to post to?

nevertheless, thanks so fare.

leif