> I just buy JST book and I do not find any example that how to do this. I
need to use a pool
> connection and I have :
> IN WEB.XML
> <context-param>
> <param-name>AppListener</param-name>
> <param-value>ds</param-value>
> </context-param>
> THE class is put undex WEB-INF/class and is:

I'm trying to get a ServletContextListener working today as well.  My first
thought with your code was... is it in a package?  If you're running under
1.4, everything really needs to be in named packages.  You can no longer
import a class in the default package [no package statement] into a class
that is in a package.  I have no idea if that's what's wrong, but it's a
good habit to get into.

I also found this page on how to configure the listener in web.xml:
http://www.servlets.com/soapbox/servlet23.html

<listener>
  <listener-class>
    com.acme.MyConnectionManager
  </listener-class>
</listener>

Which was helpful since the javadoc for ServletContextListener merely says
"the implementation class must be configured in the deployment descriptor
for the web application."

You posted a <context-param> tag, but no <listener>, so I'm not sure if you
have that as well.

HTH, let me know if you get yours working!

--
Wendy Smoak
http://sourceforge.net/projects/unidbtags