Hi,

I have a bean that I use to format text in my JSP pages. The bean contains several
methods that take strings as arguements and then returns a string.

The following is an attempt to use such a bean method, but it seems the tag is not
passing the processed result, instead the tag is being passed as a literal string (for
lack of better terms).

<%= gui.displaySex("<c_rt:out value='${value.sex}'/>")%>

The tag normally returns either 'm' or ' f ' but inside the scriptlet the method gets
the actual tag?

<c_rt:out value='${value.sex}'/>

Instead of the rendered value.

As you may have noticed I am trying to use the rt version of the core taglib thinking
that this might do the trick.

Any suggestions,

Thanks,

Stef