Hi Eric,

Thanks for the links to these.  I wasn't aware of
either.

Marty Hall's "More Servlets and JSPs" has a nice
chapter on filters.  I went through that to get the
source that I'm running.  It was a fine learning
experience for me.

But perhaps the stuff you're citing is more
bulletproof.  Thanks for the links. - MOD

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I was going to program some Servlet filters when I
> saw the following:
> http://www.servletsuite.com/servlets/trimflt.htm
> http://www.servletsuite.com/servlets/gzipflt.htm
>
> This might do all you ever wished for :-)
>
> I'll install it here and keep you posted...
>
> Best regards,
> Eric

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> > > Sorry, but I thought the question had to do with
> > > getting rid of whitespace from JSPs generated at
> > > runtime.  Perhaps I lost the thread. - MOD
> > >

> > Actually, since all your JSP-tags and HTML-tags
> will
> > be side by side in your
> > JSP-source you'll save a lot of whitespace,
> > especially when using
> > <c:forEach> or similar constructs. At least it
> saved
> > me about 50-80% of the
> > resulting HTML, depending on the original JSP.
> >
> > Try it out for yourself to see if it does the job
> > for you...
> >
> > Cheers,
> >     Yann

> > copying