Oh, I see.  I can find the resource bundle now for my other <fmt:message>.  But
it still doesn't solve my first problem.  That's why I got so confused. I guess
it has something to do with putting the <fmt:message> tag in the head.  Wonder
if someone can provide a good point for a JSTL beginner like me.

Thanks a lot!

<HEAD>
  <title>
    <fmt:bundle basename="ApplicationResources">
      <fmt:message key="j2emain.title" />
    </fmt:bundle>
  </title>
  <META NAME="Author" CONTENT="Yansheng">
  <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="translator">
  <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="">
</HEAD>

And I am getting:

  <title>

      ???j2emain.title???

  </title>
Oh, wait, why do I need basename?  Ah, I don't understand this very well....