I think I'm having some trouble with JDBC
access via JSTL.  I'm uncertain, but performance
seems very sporadic and may relate to connection
overhead and resource exhaustion.

Now, I only see one form for the sql:dataSource tag
and it seems not to allow for any connection
management or tuning.

What I am wondering is if there is a resouce
usage efficiency issue with jstl sql access.

Prior to using jstl I usd the JNDI lookup for
a JDBC resource that was actually pooled and
managed by Tomcat for that context.  (I think
this is more or less correct notion.)

Anyway, supposing I set up the same JNDI resource
for an app that uses jstl/sql ?  Can I create a
jstl/sql dataSource thatreally uses the pooled
resources managed by Tomcat?

Are the reasons why this is a good idea?  Is it
possible?

Thanks

Roy