Keith wrote:
This was on the Users list and was my problem. But mine had to do specifically with the <sql:dateParam> and the Oracle JDBC driver. The regular <sql:param> worked fine for me when I passed it a null value.

Link to the starting thread in the archive: http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg06748.html

Thanks for digging this out. Both problems boil down to the case that
"when setObject(index, null) is passed in a null value this should be converted by the driver to an SQL null" does not work with the JDBC driver (perhaps only for certain data types, which could be the cause why you see it only with <sql:dateParam>). From my experience I know that the MS SQL JDBC driver has/had problems in this area...

Regards,
  Wolfgang