Is it possible to apply a localized pattern when using the fmt:formatNumber tag?

In other words, I would like the following to work correctly if my locale is some European locale like Russian:

Say,I have a Double with a value of "12345.34"

<fmt:formatNumber value="${dblValue}" pattern="# ##0,00"/>

This does not apply the pattern as a localized pattern ... it does work correctly if the pattern is *not* localized as in:

<fmt:formatNumber value="${dblValue}" pattern="#,##0.00"/>

The reason I am asking is that the Struts bean:write tag supports pulling the format String from a resource bundle; but the value is treated as a localized pattern. I am trying to get equivalent behavior with the fmt:formatNumber tag.

Let me know if I have not explained this adequately :)

- Bill Siggelkow