First off thanks everyone for being so patient. Somehow I had to have been an idiot somwhere along the way in creating the Tag file even though I swear I copied and pasted the code from Kris' initial e-mail exactly like he had it. Plus I thought I triple checked for any trailing line break. I say the problem is'solved' but I really don't know what the problem was with my file. My tag file looked to me to be identical to the one Kris ended up e-mailing me. Yet when I took what he emailed and pasted it over my old tag file everything was fine. Is it possible that somehow a hidden char was in there? I had that happen when time when I was on Linux and I pasted from Eclipse into jEdit, or it might have been the other way around. It was a real problem to track down because looking at the file you couldn't tell anything was wrong but the character that wasn't showing up was causing a problem with the JSP compiler trying to compile the code. (I think in this case it ended up going up as binary and that's how I know there was a problem.) Ok, I'm digressing, I'm sure it was just typical stupid error but thanks again, since my code looks much cleaner now.

Now it's time to go struggle with more javascript for an application that I'm wondering will ever get out on time:)