Do you have a context init param in web.xml for
"javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.sql.dataSource"? If so, are you using a JNDI relative
path or a JDBC parameters string? Which version of the Standard taglib (JSTL)
are you using (1.0 or 1.1)?

As an aside, attempting to close a connection that is already closed is a no-op,
it should not generate an error. The same holds true for a statement. What JDBC
driver are you using?

D.O.Tech       <http://www.dotech.com/>