Hello,

I am having problems using the forEach tag. I am using
jstl 1.0 on Tomcat 5.0, Windows 2000.

Code:

<c:forEach items="${pagedImageList.pageList}"
var="image" >
    <c:out value="${image.uniqueId}"/>
</c:forEach>

The pagedImageList Object is a session scope object of
type
org.springframework.beans.support.PagedListHolder.

I have verified that it has method getPageList that
returns a java.util.List type object.

I am getting:

javax.servlet.ServletException: An error occurred
while evaluating custom action attribute "value" with
value "${image.uniqueId}": The "." operator was
supplied with an index value of type
"java.lang.String" to be applied to a List or array,
but that value cannot be converted to an integer.
(null)

which for me in the moment is completely inexplicable.

I have verified that the Collection used to initiate
the PagedListHolder object contains items.

My question is if:

- you can confirm that I am using the right EL syntax.
- what you would suggest is the most likely cause of
the problem, so I can investigate further.

Thanks in advance.

Thomas