Thank you, the solution you have provided works perfectly for my case.

  I was just wondering that if [attribute_name=attribute_value] does not have
any purpose then, why not just set the value to attribute_value directly when
using x:set

  If it does have a purpose then the way x:set works now is fine. Anyway this
is probably for another discussion thread.

  I think we can close this thread now. Thank you once again for the help.

Kris Schneider <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  One way:

<c:set var="key"><x:out
select="$transformed/Products/Product[1]/@l_id"/></c:set>
<c:out value="${key}"/>