On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 4:41 AM, Zooko O'Whielacronx <zo...@zooko.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 6:14 PM, Brian Warner <war...@lothar.com> wrote:
> >
> > In practical terms, does this mean we should just shut down the CentOS5
> > buildslave?
>
> Well, let's ask the maintainer of the CentOS5 buildslave what he would
> do if he wanted to run Tahoe-LAFS on CentOS5.
>
> Dear FreeStorm:
>
> Would you
>
> a. Upgrade to a newer CentOS release,
>
> b. Install a newer Python on your CentOS5,
>
> c. Contribute patches to PyCrypto so that it can build with Python 2.4?
>
> :-)

though i'm not freestorm, at this point in time rhel6 (and its clones) are
getting pretty stable now. i'm a rhel5/6 user and given the choice if i
needed to run tahoe-lafs, i would be inclined to upgrade to the latest
stable of rhel6 and friends for maintainability reasons in the long run. if
i am desperate i would upgrade python and install the needed packages (or
use the sumo package).

just my two cents as a rhel5 (and compatible clone) user. mind you we still
have lots of rhel5 clones in work, so its hard to gauge.

thanks
jimmy.

--
http://www.sgenomics.org/~jtang/