Thank you for the comments - the menu system is indeed in that category, in
that it is explicitly designed to both insulate the user from hand-editing
config files, and to automate repetitive edits (copy the introducer furl to
each of N nodes, increment the port used by multiple nodes on the same box,
share a specific convergence key, etc. etc.).  Hand editing is intimidating for
new users, and very tedious for setting up anything but the smallest test grid,
especially for those of us who hate dynamic ports in general :).

The menu system will only make changes that the user would make - mostly
tahoe.cfg, but also the convergence secret, for example, if shared convergence
is desired (coming soon!).

Thank you for the link - I don't even recognize half (or more) of the functions
being used in there, so I'll learn a lot when I start studying it and cleaning
up the menu code more.