sajolida:
> intrigeri:
>> sajolida wrote (22 Jun 2015 16:16:07 GMT) :
>>> Ok, so what's the next step here?
>>
>>> - Shall someone sum up all this is in /contribute/release_schedule?
>>
>> Yes. I've gone through this thread and a quick copy'n'paste summary is:
>>
>>  * always increment the first number with major Debian version
>>  * also increment the first number whenever it make sense for Tails
>>    only (user-visible changes)
>>  * second number: even for bugfix releases, odd for major ones
>   * we allow ourselves to skip numbers if we release two major or two
>     minor releases in a row (eg. 1.7 followed by 1.9).
>>  * add an extra 3rd number for emergency releases

I might have found a bug in our new version numbering scheme...

We're saying, regarding the second number, "odd = major" and "even =
minor". But at the same time "2.0 = major" (or actually super major).
But zero is even [1].

Maybe we should consider using "even = minor" and "odd = major" instead.

[1]: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parity_of_zero