Hi,

sajolida wrote (13 Aug 2015 19:36:24 GMT) :
> intrigeri:
>> sajolida wrote (10 Aug 2015 16:48:49 GMT) :
>> Please, no: odd for less stable releases is a widely used convention
>> in free software, and using a different one is bound to confuse quite
>> a few existing and potential contributors (starting with me).

> It seems like we are mixing up two different concepts here, one being
> "major/minor" and another one being "stable/unstable". I don't think the
> "stable/unstable" concept applies to Tails as all releases have the same
> lifetime and are ready for production. We don't have the opposite
> concept of "development release".

This is slightly disputable: our major releases are more prone to
introducing regressions than what we used to call point-releases.
But I realize that this argument of mine is borderline :)

> Since we don't have this concept of stability in Tails it sounds more
> logical to me to translate "stable=important" into "major=important".
> Important releases being granted even number (such as 1.0).

I can live with that.

> And makes it more logical to call Tails Jessie
> 2.0 without workarounds you described.

> But I won't fight over it more than that :)

Me neither.

Please do whatever's needed for the change you proposed in our various
repos + Redmine etc., after leaving some time to others to comment
further. Perhaps we should make the final decision at the
September meeting.

Cheers,
--
intrigeri