Hi Alan,

[…]
>> I just I a look at it, and I was wondering : the pot file gets generated
>> at build time, so it would'nt be reproducible without some patches to
>> the build system (change date of potfile generation for the last
>> changelog entry's, or maybe change the upstream work to generate it
>> along with the tarball, and bypass this at debian build time).
>>
> I'm upstream, so I can do anything you want to ease packaging. Do you
> want the POT file to be included in 'sdist' tarball?

You are definitely more familiar with the internals of the Python distutils
steps.
I am happy with any solution you propose as long as ‘setup.py build’ does not
generate a new POT file on each build (hence updating the timestamp) but reuses
a version that is pregenerated by you and committed in your upstream repo.

Cheers
Sascha