Hi,

On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 10:53:43AM +0000, Alan wrote:

> After reading the documentation and the code of the build system
> extensions I use to support python desktop applications
> (python-distutils-extra), I came to the conclusion that your request is
> not supported. I looked for other similar build systems and fails to
> find one with similar functionalities. Not as easy as I though...
>
> I can whishlist this feature upstream, but that won't solve your short
> term problem.

I'm certainly not as knowledgeable as you regarding python and this
distutils-extra packaging thing, but I kinda remembered there are ways
to deactivate or customize some targets with a setup.cfg file.

Some use the [aliases] part of it to have the said used target do what
they want. That's a bit hackish though. You may want to look at
tahoe-lafs sources for that.

Reading http://www.glatzor.de/projects/python-distutils-extra/, it seems
you can configure distutils-extra to disable the build_l18n target with
such a setup.cfg. Not sure that it's the one responsible of your problem
though.

bert.