Hi,

apparently you are willing to understand better how this works
(otherwise you would not have bothered writing the message I'm
replying to), so here we go:

sajolida wrote (01 Dec 2015 12:44:46 GMT) :
> I don't know what this UDF is used for as 1.9 will never exist, but
> maybe we should rename it into
> upgrade/v1/Tails/2.0/i386/alpha/upgrades.yml

Until we merge feature/jessie into devel, all builds from the devel
branch believe that next major release is 1.9, and then running the
test suite on ISOs built from devel still need that UDF.

Note in passing: we cannot simply *rename* a UDF this way: its content
matters more than the URL, and is authenticated.

> or create another one for 2.0.

We always need a UDF for release N+1 immediately after N has been
released (in this case, N=1.8 and N+1=2.0), for the reason
I explained above.

The good news is that our release process guarantees this invariant,
and I don't think the current situation adds any specific requirement
of its own.

=> I still don't think there's anything to update :)

> But I might as well be mistaken and I don't know what UDF for
> future versions are for.

They're only used by ISOs built from development branches (unless I'm
forgetting another usage, which is entirely possible).

Cheers,
--
intrigeri